Blast It!

Blast it home

Broken home




































































































Blast it home

Broken home





Unfinished business


Hillsborough: Still waiting for justice

Cover up at Deepcut

The Mysterious Death of Dr David Kelly






Hillsborough: Still waiting for justice

Latest info' June 28, 2017

After 23 years we got a little nearer the truth of what happened at Hillsborough, that is, the failure of policing on the day and the attempt by the police to cover up their failings, at the highest level.

Prime Minister David Cameron offered a "profound" apology to the families of the 96 people who died, telling the House of Commons that today's report made clear that "the Liverpool fans were not the cause of the disaster".

Ninety six Liverpool supporters died in a crush at Sheffield Wednesday's Hillsborough stadium on April 15, 1989 where their team were to meet Nottingham Forest in an FA Cup semi-final.

Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield was in charge of policing at the ground, he gave the order to open gates so that hundreds of fans could be herded on to the already crowded terraces at the Hillsborough stadium. Minutes after the disaster, Duckenfield "deceitfully and dishonestly" told senior FA officials that the supporters had forced the gate open themselves.

Duckenfield admitted that he had lied about certain statements regarding the causes of the disaster. All that was 20 years ago, following a private prosecution against Duckenfield, after which he sailed off into the sunset on a full pension.

Mr Cameron's apology followed the publication of the Hillsborough Independent Panel inquiry into the disaster, carried out by Bishop James Jones, the Bishop of Liverpool.

Inquiry findings.....

In its summary the panel said: "It is evident from analysis of the various investigations that from the outset South Yorkshire Police sought to deflect responsibility for the disaster on to Liverpool fans ... there is no evidence to support this view."

The documents also reveal the "extent to which" to statements by South Yorkshire Police to remove or alter "unfavourable" comments about the policing of the match and the unfolding disaster, "substantive amendments were made".

The report found that 116 of the 164 police statements identified for "substantive amendment" were "amended to remove or alter comments unfavourable to SYP." and to "impugn the reputations of the deceased by carrying out Police National Computer checks on those with a non-zero alcohol level".

The Inquiry also found "It was also wrong that neither Lord Justice Taylor nor the Coroner, Dr Stefan Popper, looked properly at the response of the other emergency services." but worse the coroner ruled that by 3.15 all the victims had received fatal injuries, which meant that the inquests did not examine the chaotic response after that time. The South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service were also at fault.

Sheffield City Council also apologised for the part it played in licensing and carrying out “inadequate and poorly recorded inspections” of the Hillsborough stadium. The Inquiry also found that Sheffield Wednesday's ground "failed to meet minimum standards under the Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975".

Sir Norman Bettison

As far as the relatives of the 96 are concerned Bettison was a key player in the cover-up after the event. He headed up the Hillsborough disaster liaison unit, aka, the black propaganda unit; purpose, to make the fans the villain of the piece. Labour MP Maria Eagle told parliament: the "liaison unit orchestrated what can only be described as a black propaganda campaign."

What next?

Attorney General Dominic Grieve will review the report as quickly as possible in order to decide whether to apply to the High Court to quash the original, flawed inquest and order a new one. It will be for the court to make the final decision... and then, hopefully, start arresting the liars and criminals responsible for the disaster and its coverup.

The Truth about the Truth

Kelvin MacKenzie, who wrote the headline The Truth has offered his “profuse apologies to the people of Liverpool for that headline”. "I had absolutely no reason to believe that these authority figures would lie and deceive over such a disaster."

He got the story from White's News Agency which was based on meetings with police officers and interviews with Conservative Sheffield Hallam MP, Irvine Patnick, and Paul Middup, the secretary of the South Yorkshire Police Federation.

Mackenzie never questioned the lies peddled by the police, their version of events fitted perfectly into his dim limited world view. The police, the political elite, the gutter press ( ranging from the Spectator to the Sun) hated football supporters with an unhealthy intensity. In this atmosphere it was easy to convince the wider public the Liverpool fans were to blame, and easy to forget the whole nasty business and to make amends by removing the cages at football grounds and introduce all-seater stadia - so even the most inept policeman would never again manage to asphyxiate 96 people.

However, should we now believe that those bad days are behind us, that such an almighty cover up could never occur again - we'd be as silly as Kelvin MacKenzie to believe that. There have been several cover ups in the years since Hillsborough because the agencies of the State are rotten, riddled with cockroaches scurrying about in the dark without purpose, except the propagation of their species .

Hillsborough: 26 years after

March 2015

New inquests into the deaths of the 96 Liverpool supporters who died at Hillsborough on April 15th 1989 are taking place in Warrington. Although, unless you're keen follower of the news, you wouldn't know it. The main stream media seem to think that the antics of man-boy Jeremy Clarkson far more important.

However, a significant moment arrived at the inquest when David Duckenfield, the man in charge of policing on the day 96 people died, finally admitted it was his fault.

No, wait a moment, he actually said, he made a "serious mistake". And the mistake was? Taking on the job of looking after a football match in the first place.

He told the inquest "...probably I wasn’t the best man for the job on the day.” Well, that's all right then, isn't it? Now, we can start worrying again about whether the man-boy from Top Gear gets reinstated.

However, all that was yesterday. Today, Duckenfield actually admitted that he lied about not opening the gate that allowed too many people into the ground. Asked why he lied, he said he didn't know. Now, we may wonder if tomorrow he will tell us more about the police cover up of events on the day?

April 2016

Ninety-six football fans who died as a result of a crush in the 1989 Hillsborough disaster were unlawfully killed, the inquests have concluded.
The jury found match commander David Duckenfield was "responsible for manslaughter by gross negligence" due to a breach of his duty of care.

November 2016

Bettison published a book, Hillsborough Untold, his attempt to "put the record straight”. Apparently, he’s been vilified and made a scapegoat.

January 2017

Neither Duckenfield nor Bettison have been arrested yet?

June 2017

Hillsborough: CPS to prosecute

David Duckenfield faces manslaughter by gross negligence of 95 men, women and children

Ch Insp Sir Norman Bettison faces four charges of misconduct in a public office, i.e. lying.

Graham Mackrell, former Sheffield Wednesday club secretary, will be accused of breaching Health and Safety and Safety at Sports Ground legislation

Peter Metcalf, who was a solicitor acting for SYP, is charged with perverting the course of Justice, relating to changes to witness statements

Former Ch Supt Donald Denton and former Det Ch Insp Alan Foster are accused of perverting the course of justice




Cover up at Deepcut

A smoking gun, a dead boy, two bullets in his head, no bullets counted in, army destroys evidence, coroner returns an open verdict, a shadowy figure is seen running away... a secret inquiry is held, the army says it's just another suicide, the army are forced to publish the report of the inquiry.

However, we still do not know who's killing soldiers down in Deepcut? There have been four deaths at Deepcut since June 2005, all suicides claims the army, the evidence makes this claim seem doubtful - one boy had five bullet wounds, three of them fired from some distance - pretty hard to do that to yourself.

A coroner recorded a verdict of suicide for one female but the inquests into the other three returned open verdicts. However, given the culture of bullying at Deepcut Barracks, it's likely that the suicide of Private Cheryl James was tantamount to murder.

Devon and Cornwall police reviewed Surrey police's investigation and found that the force failed to follow up specific individuals who could have killed the soldiers, according to the report seen by the BBC.

June 2016

A coroner ruled the Private Cheryl James was not unlawfully killed. James died of a fatal head wound on November 27 1995. The best the coroner at Woking Coroner's Court could do was blame welfare standards at Deepcut barracks, that is, the lack of welfare for recruits.



The Mysterious Death of Dr David Kelly

At one stage in 2010 it looked like pressure was building on the liars and deceivers to lie and deceive a little more.

Two years on we are still being asked to believe that Kelly killed himself in 2003 but few believe it. There was hope that a proper coroner’s inquest would take place into Kelly's death but there's been nothing yet.

Lord Hutton's inquiry was a disgrace, 24 days and only half a day given to the medical evidence, and no witnesses were cross-examined.

Lord Hutton found that Kelly killed himself after slashing his wrist with a blunt knife and overdosing on painkillers.

Two points: no finger prints were found on the knife although Kelly wore no gloves and although several empty tablet boxes were found with Kelly's body, he didn't have enough of the drug in his system to put a cat to sleep.

And who took the wallpaper off of Kelly's bedroom wall, 6 hours before the body was found. This last curious antic needs explaining more than anything. And who borrowed the Thames Valley Police helicopter to visit the murder scene? More importantly, why wont Thames Valley Police say who used their helicopter?